I'm sitting here trying to figure out how 9 months has flown by so quickly - it's June first today! That means I'm having a baby this month! Somebody pinch me please. The last post I did here was in late March - once the third trimester hit I have to admit I lost all lustre for things extracurricular, this blog included - actually mostly this blog. It just felt like too much to mentally handle while I had a laundry list of other things I wanted to use my spare time for. To boot it was a ridiculously busy and taxing time at work so any extra energy I had when I got home usually went to things like eating or sleeping :) But I'm off work now (yay!!) and have finally reached a point on my "To Dos" where I don't have a slight panic attack thinking about what's left. So here I am again! I knew I wanted to regenerate this space at some point I just didn't realize it was going to be today.
We've been so busy around the house - it's just sinking in. Off the top of my head, since March we've done the following:
- Installed hardwood flooring in the spare room and nursery
- Painted the spare room
- Made an office in a Closet
- Set up the nursery for baby Kelly
- Painted the main floor bathroom
- Painted the main sitting room
- Installed a screen door
- Planted grass seed in our back yard
- Planted a vegetable garden
- Set up countless pieces of Ikea furniture for the Nursery and office
- Completely gutted our closet of clothes (I think we got rid of EIGHT garbage bags in the end)
- Gutted our storage room of extra "stuff"
- Gutted our garage of STUFF
- Cleaned and organized every closet and cupboard in the house (with the exception of the pantry which I really need to tackle today at some point.)
So looking at this list, which I'm sure is still missing some items, it's no wonder 9 months is here already. I think it's safe to say that both Mike and I caught some of the "nesting bug" - which is good because if it was just coming from one of us, I'm sure we would have driven each other crazy. Luckily, we've been in this whirlwind together and I'm reminded everyday how lucky I am to have Mike for a husband because he's done everything to help me get this house and life ready for our new person.
And so now, it's June first. And I feel ready for what's next. I can't wait to meet the baby who's been poking at me ever so gently these past five months. The one who's been always somewhere on my mind since we took that test last September; through work assignments, family get togethers, DIY projects, when I go to sleep, when I wake up, when I drive, when I read... in some way, there hasn't been a minute since we found out, that I haven't been thinking and praying and waiting on this babe.
Yay for 9 months! We're ready for you baby!